Friday, May 13, 2011

transitioning

One year of college... Done.
The boxes full of my belongings are scattered all over my room. The constant sound, activity, and routine of college has come to a sudden halt. The life I packed up nine months ago has returned to its comfort zone feeling as if it has been put through a hurricane... in heaven.
I'm not sure how else to describe it.


I think about the things I'll miss about my freshman year of college:

-WMU
-My 4th south family
-Spanish class (believe it or not)
-Nightly hall dinners
-Laughing with my roommate
-Oreo parties

And I think about the joys ahead of me this summer:

-Home-cooked meals
-Time with my nephew and parents
-First Covenant Church
-Working at the nursing home
-Time to do nothing
-Reunion with beloved friends


As I sit here contemplating the days ahead, I remember that the transition is a part of the process. And it is a vital part of the process.
It is in the transition that I remember that life is full of gifts. Every thing I'll miss, and every joy ahead, is a gift. And these gifts are constantly changing.

I must seek to cling to the giver more than I have clung to his gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, I hope you have a relaxing summer. Enjoy those home cooked meals.

Betsy said...

Beatuiful.