Friday, February 04, 2011

6 days

I haven't had classes since Monday. It has been a strange week.
On Monday evening as I was busily memorizing flash card after flash card for an Anatomy quiz on Tuesday, I was startled by a series of screams coming from the 4th floor lobby. My RA had just walked into the room holding a piece of paper that read- "NO SCHOOL FOR YOU," and the girls were audibly expressing their delight. The next five minutes were filled with the noise of ecstatic freshman girls running up and down the halls, and several discussions about how we would spend our snow day.
We went to bed on Monday night with smiles on our faces while a blanket of snowflakes (and a layer of ice underneath) covered our campus.
I woke up and had a beautiful snow day on Tuesday. At 4pm they called off school for Wednesday.

I woke up and had another beautiful snow day on Wednesday. At 4pm they called off school for Thursday.

I woke up and had yet another beautiful snow day on Thursday. At 11am they called off school for Friday.

And here I am. Sitting in the middle of a six-day weekend, and sorting through a few thoughts that have been floating through my head as a result of this strange week.
Perhaps I will have time to finish sorting and write about them in the days to come (my 6 day weekend may turn into 7 or 8 days...), Or perhaps I will be hit with a wave of classes and catch-up homework to complete.
We'll see what the clouds decide to do.

No comments: