Something that is interestingly scary to me is how much I have learned from noticing faults in others. I see someone who is anxious and generally uncomfortable, and I think, why don't you just rest? The Lord delights in giving rest to those he loves. But then I turn and look at my own heart and see that I have the same bent. I tend to be overly anxious, overly concerned, overly uptight about many things in life. Why don't I just rest? Sometimes I don't know how... which in turn causes me to focus too much on my own actions, and not enough on what has already been done. I should not try to do what I do not need to do. The Lord has already given the gift, why don't I just accept it?
If God doesn't build the house, the builders only build shacks. If God doesn't guard the city, the night watchman might as well nap.It's useless to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone. Don't you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?
Psalm 127: 1-2 MSG
No comments:
Post a Comment