Tuesday, January 27, 2009

thoughts on memory

I write memorable experiences and feelings down so i remember them. I save texts and emails from months ago just because they mean something to me. I keep scraps of paper, string, and fabric if they remind me of something. So, what if i got rid of all these tangible remembrances? What if i burned all my journals, deleted all my texts and emails, and threw away all of my scraps? Would the memories be gone? I think yes and no. I wouldn't be able to recreate these memories from something i could hold, but God has a way of holding things in my mind when he knows i'll need them. I think of a certain quote i read months ago. I only read it once, but it is still stuck in my mind, word for word. God doesn't need a journal to help me remember things, and i love that.


P.S. don't worry, i'm not throwing away my journals :)

No comments: